July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008

It has surely been busy getting back into the groove with Jodi since getting home from my trip across the USA from Virginia. She did quite well with staying at her own home. I am grateful for all of the help from her in-laws and her wonderful husband. While I was gone, Jodi continued with therapy at the U of U and I was surprised to see how much she had improved since I left. She has a little more balance as she walks. She has been using a quad cane (has four little feet on the bottom for extra help with balance) along with one-sperson assist. She was able to hold on to Ana Jain today while she leaned down from the wheel chair and picked up something that Ana Jain had dropped. That is a real improvement! She ate a cracker last time that she had speech therapy. We were all excited about that!

I am sorry that I have not been too diligent with this blog since we got home, It seems that our lives are so much more hectic since my son and his family of nine have come here. They and we will be happy when they finally are in their own home but at this point they are just looking. In the mean time, we are sharing the responsibility of helping his children feel busy and happy. They are staying in Hill Air Force base housing and it is boring for them so they spend a lot of their time with Jodi and me which means of course that our lives are far from boring. Jodi has enjoyed them and her spirits seem good since my return.

Connie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jodi I really miss you !!!!!I hope your leg is getting better!!!!!!!You are so fun to be around!!!!I love you so much!!!!!!


Love,
Edee