August 14, 2008

August 14, 2008

Jodi's surgery went without incident.  She is recovering well with her foot in the air.  Her foot is a site to see.  It is about 10 inches in diameter and wrapped in elastic bandages.  In spite of the bandages, you can look inside and around her toes to see wires about the size of a coat hanger coming out of her foot and joining the frame around the foot.  Makes everyone gag.  She gets the bandages off on Friday after she has her eye surgery.  At that time, the Dr. will show me how to use the frame to adjust her foot a little each day until it is in the position that the Dr. wants.  That should take about six weeks and then she has to keep her foot in the frame for another six weeks so that it will not go back to it's original position.  She is pretty dependant on me again as she cannot put one bit of weight on that foot for the full three months.  It is fun to get her in and out of bed and especially in and out of the car with that huge thing on the end of her leg. We both got laughing yesterday while I was trying to help her get into bed and we did it wrong.  I was pushing her and she was laughing too hard to do anything.  I nearly dropped her.   I am not sure that we will ever get used to it.  Her spirits are good and she has been resting a lot today as expected.  Her pain is being controlled so all is well.  Thanks again for your prayers.  Connie

1 comment:

Bridge said...

Hey Jodi!

Glad to hear surgery went well. You'll be running in no time! I just got back from my (gulp) honeymoon (yes, we even had a flying pig as I walked down the aisle) and wanted to check on you. Thinking of you and hoping for the best on your recovery and your eye surgery! take care. Love Bridge