August 20, 2008

August 19, 2008

Jodi has had a rough two days of pain in her leg and foot.  Each day as I adjust the brace, it causes her considerably more pain.  The Dr. assures us that this pain will eventually go away.  The pain has added to a little depression and she has been teary and somber.  She also has wanted to sleep a lot which is normal with pain.  As you all know, pain can be such a drain on energy.  She awakened this morning and after getting her morning meds including the pain meds, she decided to get out of bed and try to do some errands with me.  It is extremely difficult for her to transfer from her chair to the car but she is willing to do it instead of lying in bed or watching TV all day.  She sees the eye surgeon tomorrow to get her dressing taken off.  We are anxious to see how it looks and if she can see any better after a few days of being covered.  She will be going to therapy on Thursday so I will let you know how that went.  connie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, I hope the pain will listen to the doctor, and get better in a few days. How are the boys doing? School soon? Jack starts Monday, and Isabel starts her last year of preschool the next week. We are in the final countdown for baby. I've never been so excited to put up Halloween decorations! That will mean we are almost done and I am ready. Way. Yesterday marked two years for my dad. I miss him. It sounds so simple, but it is so huge, as I'm sure you understand. Take care, Sweetie, and keep on fighting the fight. Love, Karen.

The Huffies said...

Jodi, I'm thinking of you often and keep your blog link on our family blog so I can check up on you every few days. You are such a fighter and I admire your hard work and the progress you're making. You are such a wonderful example to me! I love you! Carol Huff

Anonymous said...

Jodi,
I miss you so much!! I'm so glad your surgeries went well. The recovery sounds awful. Hang in there, you have definitely been through worse. Thinking of you and praying for you every day. Love, Gillian