November 6, 2008

November 5, 2008

Jodi had her first good day today.  She only had one short stint of nausea and was quite cheerful.  She still slept a lot because she remains pretty weak.  It has been a full month since she got so ill.  She will have therapy at the U of U tomorrow but I will ask them to go easy with her.  It is so important that she get back into the routine and begin to use the extra therapies that her insurance has allotted.  Her speech therapist told us that she may have to start at square one with developing her swallow.  Every day that she goes without doing her swallow exercises (including actually swallowing) she loses 20 percent of what she has gained.  If that is indeed so, than she will have her work cut out for her to get back to where she was before she got sick.  Please continue to pray for her, We depend on all your prayers.  They truly make such a difference.  Connie


 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jodi we continue to pray for you and your family. Please know we are all thinking of you. Love Jennifer Johnson and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, I'm typing this comment one-handed because I'm holding new baby Samuel Douglas in the other. He is three weeks old, beautiful and I'm sure he makes Grandpa proud. Just like Jack and Isabel, he broke my tailbone. After the third break, I think my tailbone has officially resigned. It is pretty upset! Oh well, I can truthfully tell all three kids they have been a pain in my rear from the get go. So my sweet, I've missed writing to you. I continue to read all the ups and downs, and pray for blessings and progress, as well as for your spirits. Please know that you are loved.
Take care,
Karen