April 6, 2009

This  past week we spent every day at Jodi's home with her children.  She was not able to do all her exercises because some of the equipment had to be left at my house.  She did what she could but took advantage of doing such things as fixing breakfast and lunch for her children and small house hold chores.  It was great for her to be around her children both day and night.  I was mostly able to help out with the children and do some deep cleaning.  The week went quite well and she is looking forward to gradually moving back home. The more that she is able to accomplish, the closer that time gets. 

She walks a lot by going along walls and holding onto the table and other furniture as she goes.  She goes up and down stairs on her own and is able to do all her showering, hair care, etc, etc. without help.  She is getting pretty independent.  She will again begin riding therapy this coming Thursday. She looks forward to that. 

Lots of appointments for her this week.  She will give a speech at Hill Air Force Base on Tuesday about sexual abuse.  Her first speech since her stroke.  Her speech has improved so much but it may be difficult for some of the participants to understand a few of her words.  I will be there to help if that happens.  It is good for her to get back into normal life and do some of the things she used to do.  She however really misses singing.  Last week we were in the car and I was humming along with a song.  She said that that was one of the things she most missed, being able to hum along with music.  I project that she will be living at home by June and that she will be on her own hopefully by Christmas or soon after.  More later

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay Jodi!! You are awesome! We love you!!

Gords said...

Fantastic!

Donahoe Family said...

Jod,
You have come so far! You should feel so proud of yourself! We are all rooting for you to get back home where you belong! I think of you everyday, thank you for being such an inspiration to us all and for helping us remember that little things are big things!

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

Way to go, Jodi! I am so glad you are making such progress! I still think of you all the time. Now that I am finally better from my winter-long infection, I will come by for a visit. But, maybe you won't be there?? Maybe you will be at home with your family!! What wonderful news! I will stop by nonetheless and ask your mom when I might be able to meet up with you again.

Its about time for a nice spring walk to my place, wouldn't you say?Sitting on the swing in my backyard sounds nice!! :) Take care and know that I am thinking of you!

Love,
Jodi Brown