April 28, 2009

Update

Jodi went to therapy this week and came home exhausted.  Once again, she was made to walk what seemed like miles.  At first with two canes, then with crutches.  She was pushed to her limit on machines that exercised every possible muscle and then she walked some more with a brace that keeps her from falling yet allows her to walk on her own for the most part.  Needless to say, she slept well last night.  This Thursday, she will do her horseback riding which improves her equilibrium.  She was able to attend church with her family this week for the full three hour block.  Her first time since the stroke.  Up till then, she has only gone for one hour.  She keeps doing little "firsts". She has spent a lot more time in her own home where she is able to take on little bits of added responsibility for her kids and the house.  It is a quiet week this week other than these things.  She continues to do all kinds of exercises at home and has lots of "homework" from her therapists.   One disappointment, her eye doctor told her that she was not a candidate for eye surgery.  Her double vision is much improved with her new glasses but she still see peripheral double vision, which drives her nuts (much more nuts than she inherently is.) It looks like there is nothing more that can be done to correct the problem. The double vision contributes to her lack of balance and dizziness.  More later. Connie

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Jodi, it was so great to see you at church on Sunday!! You are amazing!

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

Jodi, you are an angel. Thank you for taking time out of your day to come and visit me. I can't say all that is in my heart right now, so just know that I love you.

Jodi Brown

Von Orgill said...

Aloha Jodi,

I am Jodi Orgill Brown's father. I have heard about you many times from my own Jodi, who has expressed love and admiration for you over and over again. She just posted a messge on her blog about the visit you and your mother made to her yesterday. She shared a little of your own story and asked those of who are praying for her to also pray for you.

I just want you to know that I've added you and your family to my prayer list. I know the power of prayer and understand the miracles that can occur as a result of the exercise of faith.

May the Lord bless you in every way you need now and always.

With much aloha,

Von Orgill

Celeste said...

Hi Jodi,
This is Celeste Drake (used to be Smith). Amy Drake usually lets me know how you're doing, but I hadn't checked on your progress here on the blog in a while. I am thrilled to hear that you are running down the halls- graceful or not!! You have a beautiful family, and it's clear that they love you very much. Take care, and keep running!