March 22, 2008

March 22nd

Jodi is doing several things that she has not done since the stroke. She is using a balance ball, crawling on her hands and knees, gets herself onto the floor from a sofa or chair and back again. She is beginning to have a lot of feeling around her damaged eye which gives her a lot of hope and her walking with the walker is improving every day. PT is planning to get her using Canadian Crutches soon (crutches that clamp to her forearm. Her spirits continue to be good, It helps so much for her to be with her family. She and Ana Jain are becoming fast friends and the bonding is going well. Today she will go to a family Easter egg hunt with her kids. She will not stay long because we do not want her to catch anything from us. Speech therapy is quite aggressive and she works hard at it because that is how she will get her swallow back.

Connie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jodi its your favorate neice Teighlor, I really miss you and alec and tommy, and the newest addition to our carlson clan. I really hope everything goes really well. Jodi I love you lots!!! and robert and alec and tommy and anne.
I hope maybe we might see you soon, I'm not sure. But I wanted you to know we pray for you everyday. And i hope you get well soon!!! LOve, Teighlor Gray

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
Sorry I haven't written in a bit. All four of us got the flu, and it wiped us out for more than a week. Nasty stuff! I hope your Easter went well. What an amazing holiday to be home with you family, full of hope and faith of new beginnings. It sounds like they've got you working pretty hard around the house. Good for you. I love you, sweetie, and pray for conitnued good news! Karen