March 4, 2008

Sunday - Tuesday

Jodi has had a rough couple of days. She is struggling without her trach and her inability to March 5, 2008 Sunday, Jodi aspirated again. She took a taste of apple juice with ice chips and got some down her lungs. The choking caused her to throw up her tube feedings and she aspirated those as well. It was an awful setback. Now who knows when she will be able to come home. They want her to be able to swallow and manage her secretions. If she had done this at home, she would have died. I would not have been able to help her. As a result of the setback, she is so mentally down. She cried and yelled and said that it would have been better if she had died. I have been expecting this depression much sooner than this and I know that this is a normal reaction to all she has been through but it is extremely hard on Robert, his parents, and us to see her like this. Last night, her brother Josh talked to her and she said that she realized that she has no other option but to keep working even though she just wants to give up. Sorry to write such bad news but I must report the bad with the good. Please keep praying for her as usual. It would be nice if you could ask Heavenly Father specifically for her to begin to swallow. We so appreciate all of you and how you care.

Connie

6 comments:

Jodi Orgill Brown said...

Prayers are on tap for Jodi, Robert & the kids, the Burton extended family and of course, sweet Connie, who is just heaven-sent! I hope the next week will get better and Jodi will be able to come "home" to Connie's house soon. We are all anxious to see you, Jodi, and hear your harrowing tales of survival and overcoming the odds!

Hang in there - this too shall pass. I will keep praying!

Love,
Jodi Brown

Anonymous said...

Hey my Sweet, I'm so sorry. You have worked so hard, and seemed so close to the goal. I'm sure I can't even understand the heartache to feel like you have to keep starting over, but we all thank you for continueing to fight the fight. I pray with all my being that you and your family will be comforted. We will pray for you swallowing to return and that God will hold all of you close to his heart. Peace be with you, Karen

Jennifer said...

Jodi, I am so sorry for your struggles. Know that we are all praying for you. You are an amazing woman. Please keep trying and know that tons of people love and adore you. Love always, Jennifer Johnson

Anonymous said...

When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will bappen... There will be solid ground to stand on or you will be taught to fly. (author unknown)
I feel like screaming also. My heart hurts that you are going through this. Please Please remember that you are loved so much by family, friends and Especially Father in Heaven. I know it is hard to feel that at times. Keep the Faith.
Love and prayers
Kim Olsen

Unknown said...

Hi Jodi...ok I just booked my ticket to come see you. I will be there on March 16 to spend the day with you!! You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I love ya girl and can't wait to see you. Heidi :)

Stacy said...

Oh Jodi -- I am so sorry!! I wish I could reach right through this computer and fix everything for you. We all feel so helpless. Please know that our prayers are so definitely with YOU, your family, and your sweet mom. You are the most inspiring and amazing woman I have ever met. We love you!! Keep trying!! The Underwood's